Monday, March 10, 2008

Homeschooling Kids

The other day I heard that in California someone was trying to make a rule that said you couldn't homeschool unless you had a teacher's credential. This really upsets me even though it's in CA and not where I live because I have lots of friends in CA and most of them are homeschooled and it wouldn't be good for them. I've noticed that kids who go to school act more serious and more grown up and don't do daring things. I don't want all my friends to be like that. If the law does pass, I hope all my friends are too old to be changed that way. One of my best friends called Grace is so daring she even sometimes climbs threes that are so high and so tricky to climb that she's scared to come down.

I know some of the people in this video:
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=31981@kpix.dayport.com

1 comment:

Holly said...

Lucy, I find that very upsetting too. Did you know that people in Germany aren't allowed to homeschool at all? But a lot of people in that country are trying to convince the government to change those laws.

Leap Dance